CASE STUDY – AP1000 NEW BUILD
BCP was tasked with resolving irradiation testing deficiencies, assuring equipment is qualified for identified service, and resolving Chinese regulatory (NNSA) restrictions associated with equipment commodities identified in the EQ Program.
- Performed scientific calculations concerning accumulated dose as part of the EQ Program
- Addressed deficiencies in the vendor’s process and controls in irradiating test components
- Reviewed affected component commodity classes
- Justified acceptability for performing preoperational testing (e.g., RCS Cold Hydrostatic testing through to fuel load without completion and acceptance of the equipment qualification packages)
- The China NNSA permitted the test program to proceed at Sanmen and Haiyang