Plants and plant owners are under increasing scrutiny to meet market demands and at the same time reduce their ongoing operations and maintenance (O&M) costs. These challenges can seem monumental and can drive uncertainty in approaches and the implementation of ineffective “short-term” fixes.
BCP understands the need and benefits of effectively managing the life of plants and plant assets to extend operating lives in a reliable and safe manner and meet the requirements of the regulatory environments, including the need to effectively manage the procurement process for assets.
BCP Fills The Gap for clients by applying our plant knowledge and know-how to ensure immediate needs or met and long-term, sustainable solutions are implemented:
- Licensing and Compliance of plant and plant assets require a deep understanding of regulatory bodies and a process to ensure licensing commitments and lessons learned are understood, memorialized, and are integral in Plant Lifecycle Management (PLM).
- Plant Lifecycle Management (PLM) proactively manages the plant operations over the entire life of the plant, minimizing risk and total costs.
- Procedures play an extensive role in ensuring proper asset operations and maintenance but it’s not a “one-size-fits-all” approach. Procedures and more importantly the procedure delivery system must be built on a solid foundation, integrated with PLM, and stand the test of time.
- Project Management and Risk Management need to be consistent and standardized to ensure consistency, clear objectives, and exceptional lines of communication. Following the philosophy, start with the End-In-Mind, which will ensure projects meet the short-term requirements and support long-term goals.
- Cyber Security is essential to everything being done in plants today but is often overlooked and underappreciated part of PLM.
- Execution and implementation require effective work management leadership to manage and integrate improvement initiatives, streamline practices, and develop long-term, sustainable improvement.