Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Work Location: Richmond VA
Duration: 18 months to start
Hours: 4×10’s to start
Per Diem: $151.00 (up to $1,057 / wk.)
Mob/Demob: $500 each
This will support Dominions Offshore wind turbine projects. Turbines are located 25 miles out. Underwater Cabling has to run from the turbines to the shore;
- Establish, implement and execute an effective Contractor munitions and explosives safety program for all Munitions Response (MR) related activities, in compliance with all applicable Federal, DOD, State and local regulations on Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP) projects to which assigned.
- Supervises the safety practices of all personnel on assigned MMRP projects.
- Analyzes UXO, MEC and explosive operations risks, hazards and safety requirements
- Establishes and enforces safety requirements for all project operations
- Safety planning, execution and oversight for UXO, MEC and explosive operations
- Establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all UXO and MEC related activities including search, detection, access, identification, transportation, centralized storage, disposal, treatment, and scrap certification.
- Establish, post and enforce personnel limits, safety zones, and exclusion zones surrounding UXO field activities, explosive activities, UXO transfer and holding areas
- Execute an effective project level explosive safety program including UXO safety, explosive storage, quantity-distance safety arcs, explosive transportation, operational procedures, operational personnel qualifications and certification, hazard and risk analysis, and safety assessment of MEC and explosive operations
- Responsible for the enforcement of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for all activities on assigned projects. Assists in the risk hazard analysis if PPE requirements must be changed or updated
- Quality: Responsible for the quality of all Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP) operations from visual search for Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) to complex Digital Geophysical Mapping of large munitions response sites.
- Responsible for the quality of the inspections, certification and verification of all Material Potentially Presenting an Explosive Hazard (MPPEH) on his assigned project site.
- Responsible for the verification of individual training, qualifications and certifications as specified in DDESB TP-18 for all assigned personnel on the project site
- Ensures the quality, serviceability and suitability of all equipment, including detection devices, hand tools and heavy mechanical excavation equipment assigned
Required Education and Certifications / Licenses:
- 10+ years of experience.
- Prior DOD, UXO, military, explosives safety experience highly preferred
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50lbs, travel on a vessel (as needed)