Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Application Engineer 4 (Direct Position) – Corvallis or Portland, OR
This is a full-time position with the option to work remotely. Preference may be given to those available to work in our Corvallis or Portland offices.
Reporting to the Manager, Software, this position will help define and flush out key business requirements, translate those into design documents, and develop / configure workflows within an ARAS PLM application. Will provide technical professional knowledge in the technical development, design, and architecture of large, complex PLM enterprise solutions based on the ARAS PLM platform. Will provide face-to-face customer support for ARAS or PLM related issues.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: A minimum of a B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (preferred); 15 years of direct, highly relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Experience: A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in software product lifecycle management is required. Demonstrated experience in performance analysis and implementation of improvements on large production implementations using ARAS Innovator is required. Strong understanding of CAD systems in a PLM environment is desired.
- Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
- Quality Assurance: Ability to understand and implement quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, install, configure and support ARAS Innovator PLM at the server and client level.
- Maintain NX CAD integration, PDF Conversion Server and develop Data Model configuration to support business processes. Be able to handle installations and follow a regimented deployment process.
- Provide on-going support as required including but not limited to troubleshooting, issue resolution, administration, upgrades and patch implementation (including scheduled block point or software release process).
- Build Test environments and load test data.
- Implement and manage PLM security.
- Creates workflows to model engineering processes.
- Plans, implements, and maintains configuration and ensures the deployed solution is in compliance with NuScale quality commitments and applicable NQA-1 requirements.
- Maintains document and engineering work record databases.
- Creates supporting documentation, policy and procedures, and training materials.
- Provides training and support for users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
- Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
- Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security: Observe safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.