Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Engineering Services Support Lead
Job Type: Contract to permanent, hired as a contractor for a few months and then if all is well, switch to Full Time Employment
Job location: Start remote and then full-time in Alameda, CA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or Nuclear Engineering, or related field required
- 7-10 years of experience demonstrating increasing technical progression
- Must have proven track record of nuclear or similar engineering program experience, a drive for efficient implementation and also a constructive team member
- Strong in design and program engineering is mandatory
- Prior navy a plus
- PMP cert a plus
- This position will be supporting the Sr. Director of Engineering who is:
- Responsible for expansion of company R&D Center located in Albuquerque, NM and startup of Engineering Program Management Office (PMO).
- Leading $6.1M, 40,000ft2 expansion of existing facility from proposal through design and construction phases with occupancy planned for February 2021.
- Leading setup of Engineering Program Management Office (PMO) implementing processes and tools to ensure successful execution from system requirements through detailed design.
- Engineering Services Support Lead will be supporting Lance:
- Review of Engineering Program Management Office (PMO) implementing processes and tools to ensure successful execution from system requirements through detailed design.
- Program support to include template procedure platform development
- On demand tasks associated with program development
Anticipated Schedule / Work Hours: 40-50 hrs
Job End Date: Long term, multi-year
Travel – While working remote and being requested to travel to the site while your established work location is at home, you will be on expenses at the GSA rates for flight, hotel, car, gas, food
Pay Rate: Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested rate
Per Diem – When you are no longer working remote and your assigned work location is at the Alameda, CA office while working as a BCP contractor you will be on per diem at $255/day at 7 days per week with $500 mob (no demob, as you are transitioning to FTE)
Kairos Power Summary
Kairos Power LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
About Client’s Benefits – Applicable AFTER transitioned to Full Time Employee status
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)