Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
TAX SERVICES, DIVISION LEAD
The Tax Services Division is one of BCP’s, strategic business units (SBUs) originally formed in 2003. It is a niche’ consulting practice that provides tax and engineering/technical consulting in areas of federal and state tax codes to provide substantiation and documentation to support client positions. The Tax Services Division primarily performs Research and Development (R&D) tax studies for clients for both Section 41 credits and Section 174 deductions. In addition to R&D studies, the Tax Services Division historically has provided solutions work in the following areas:
- Tax Modeling
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Pollution Control Equipment Studies
- Industry Specific Studies (e.g., Solar Tax Credits, Unit of Property Studies)
The Tax Service Division has leveraged our vast access to engineering and information technology professionals to provide these services to a mix of large business clients and small business clients, servicing industries that include:
- Electric and Gas Utilities
- Compounding Pharmacies
- Engineering and Engineering Contractors
The Tax Services Division is a tax consulting service; we are not a tax preparer. We work with tax preparers – either internally with a client or with external tax preparers to provide our expertise. The Tax Services Division has been a reliable and productive business-line for BCP but has underperformed as compared to its potential and capability. BCP is looking for the right leader to expand and grow the Tax Services Division to reach its full potential.
TAX SERVICES, DIVISION LEAD
Role and Responsibilities
The Tax Services, Division Lead (TSDL) is responsible for leading and growing the BCP Tax Services division to maximize the operating performance and achieving its financial goals. The TSDL needs to have a broad scope of talent that includes financial analysis and management, strategic planning, product and service development, and business development and client relations. The Tax Service Division, TSDL is responsible for the overall strategic vision and direction of the division, achieving the financial and non-financial divisional goals and objectives, leading and empowering team members, living our company values, and developing and maintaining long-term client relationships. The TSDL reports directly to the president.
The TSDL has broad array of responsibilities that includes:
Strategy Vision and Planning
Responsible for the strategic vision and plan to meet the goals and objectives established for the division. This includes gathering, analyzing, and interpreting market information to develop awareness of opportunities and threats.
Ensure sound fiscal management of the division, identifying ways to increase revenues and decrease costs to increase sustainable profitability, analyzing financial reports and prepare operating budgets.
Responsible for divisional sales and strategic business development.
Human Resources and Team Development
Maintain a healthy work environment and ensure that company policies and procedures are in place and followed consistent with the company vision, values, and culture. Responsible for training and mentoring staff; motivating them all for effective performance for the general growth of the division.
Ensure the implementation of client engagement priorities and profitable execution of all client engagements.
Work with the clients and technical leads to develop new tax service offerings and existing service enhancements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology, accounting, or finance
- Minimum of 10-years’ experience in related fields
- Proven experience as business leader
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Leadership and mentor experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and experience.
- Experience of interviewing/collaborating with clients from C-level through line executives/leaders and communicating with technical and engineering professionals.
- Intimate knowledge of Research and Development tax issues and technical skills to support R&D engagements.
- Knowledge of tax regulations in our client industries.
- Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs, networking; and communicating value propositions.
- Demonstrated success as business advisor and developing new relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of I/T and automation, and the ability to innovate using technology.
The corporate office and the Tax Service Division is based in New Orleans, LA area. Remote working option is available with required travel to Corporate office and client locations as needed.