Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Sales Proposal Manager – REMOTE
Duration: 6 month contract with possibility to go direct.
Summary The Sales Proposal Manager is responsible for the complete proposal development process from the initial request or RFI/RFQ, until the final complete product (formal proposal) to be delivered to the end customer. He/ She manages the preparation of bids and tenders as part and in compliance with the client’s Commercial Excellence procedures, including coordinating / soliciting / and finalizing the required approval levels (as per client’s DOA process). The Sales Proposal Manager works in conjunction with Sales & Sales Management to successfully / accurately / & timely prepare proposals for all I&C products and services.
- Coordinates the complete proposal development, per current Commercial Excellence process and procedures.
- Manages the preparation of bids and tenders, including formal approvals – preparing the required approval forms / process / Delegation of Authority (DOA) – as directed in the approval process and procedures.
- Collaborates with business developers and account managers to obtain and clarify customer requirements
- Solicits all necessary costing information from the necessary stakeholders involved – i.e. : Project Management, Supply Chain / 3rd party buyout components & services, Engineering, QA, Legal, Finance – MOC & cash flow
- Creates / manages / coordinates proposal development schedule to maintain required bid date deadlines.
- Relies on the technical expertise provided by the technical domain and solution experts
- As required, communicate with the customer – phone / email / face to face at site – to review & finalized customer questions & requirements are properly, correctly assimilated in the proposal content.
- Ensures that bid invest decision, risk assessment before submitting offer, commercial/technical impacts during negotiations, and close the deal are properly executed
- Ensures Customer compliance and project profitability forecast
- Writes & assimilates the proposal content
- Stays current on and ensures up to date pricing is used on all company resources and products.
- Works with Sales and Management to optimize Gross Margin on project bids
- Assists Project Managers on Change Orders to existing Projects. Though not requiring all the steps of a formal bid, responsible for verifying costing used and seeking out internal approvals.
- Participates in handoff from project bid phase to internal kickoff, providing data on bid approach and final pricing