Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Radiation Control Technicians – Los Alamos National Laboratory – Los Alamos, NM
Duration: 1 year +
Pay Rate: Non-Exempt / Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested rate
Per diem: $107 (up to $750 / wk)
Trip home every (4) weeks: Reimbursed
Project Completion bonus
U.S Citizen: YES
COVID Vaccine: The COVID vaccine is mandatory for all Laboratory employees, on-site contractors, and on-site subcontractors unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to those working on-site, those teleworking, and all new hires.
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is looking for skilled Radiation Control Technicians (RCTs) to join the Radiation Protection Division. RCTs support a wide variety of different work activities across a broad range of facilities and have the opportunity to learn new skills and expand their expertise in the identification and understanding of radiological hazards and controls. LANL RCTs implement radiation protection requirements and work independently on challenging projects requiring collaboration with multiple work groups. Assignments can involve activities in varying work environments and weather conditions. This a great opportunity to further your career in the Radiation Protection field while contributing directly to national security.
As an RCT 2, you will provide direct support to the field implementation of the Radiation Protection Program through the execution of radiological job coverage, workplace surveys, and documentation of radiological data.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of applied radiation protection principles and implementation practices.
- Experience and/or knowledge of radiological job coverage principles.
- Experience and/or knowledge in radiological event response (CAM alarm, ARM alarm, personnel contamination, etc.).
- Ability to complete the LANL RCT qualification program.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment required for workplace and job hazards including anti-contamination clothing and respiratory protection.
- Ability to use stairways, fixed ladders, and ladders up to 6 feet. Must be physically able to work in demanding environments.
Education/Experience: Position requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation, or successful completion of an RP-PROGRAMS approved RCT training program which includes the following elements:
- Fundamental academics
- Site specific academics
- Practical training/OJTs
- Successful completion of the DOE Core examination
- Radiological Worker
- Department of Energy Q security clearance
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF software products
Essential Job Functions (can perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
Ability to lift 50+ pounds and carry 35+ pounds, Reading vision; Ability to speak; Ability to hear in a normal range (500 to 3000 htz).