Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Radiation Control Supervisor – Los Alamos National Laboratory – Los Alamos, NM
Duration: 1-1.5 years
Pay Rate: Non-Exempt / Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested rate
Per diem: $107 (up to $750 / wk)
Trip home every (4) weeks: Reimbursed
Project Completion bonus
U.S Citizenship is Required
COVID Vaccines are required
COVID Vaccine: The COVID vaccine is mandatory for all Laboratory employees, on-site contractors, and on-site subcontractors unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to those working on-site, those teleworking, and all new hires.
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is looking for an experienced Radiation Control Supervisor to manage the Radiation Protection Division. This role will supervise a variety of different work activities across a broad range of facilities, radiological hazards, and controls. This position will manage the radiation protection team and work independently on challenging projects requiring collaboration with multiple work groups.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of applied radiation protection principles and implementation practices.
- Experience and/or knowledge in radiological event response (CAM alarm, ARM alarm, personnel contamination, etc.).
- Ability to complete the LANL RCT qualification program.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment required for workplace and job hazards including anti-contamination clothing and respiratory protection.
- Ability to use stairways, fixed ladders, and ladders up to 6 feet. Must be physically able to work in demanding environments.
Education/Experience: Position requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Radiological Worker
- Department of Energy Q security clearance
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF software products
Essential Job Functions (can perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
Ability to lift 50+ pounds and carry 35+ pounds, Reading vision; Ability to speak; Ability to hear in a normal range (500 to 3000 htz).