Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
I&C Engineer III – Comanche Peak Nuclear Station – Glen Rose, Texas
(Possibility to work in Charlotte, NC office if preferred)
Start Date: ASAP
Duration of Work Assignment: Direct / Indefinite
Pay Rate: Not Defined / need Candidate’s Annual Salary (+ Co. benefits package)
US Citizen Required (Due to the nature of work that United performs, candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States)
Candidate will be working as part of a team of Engineers and Designers at the Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant working on Modification Packages including digital upgrades. Will consider our Charlotte, NC office as an alternate location for highly experienced candidates. Work will include preparation of Engineering packages that include conceptual studies, cost estimates, specifications and data sheets, calculations, and modifications to existing plant drawings.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Controls Engineering from an accredited 4-year university with course work in Control Systems
- 5-8 years overall experience in electrical or I&C design / testing for power, industrial, or manufacturing plants
- Good written and oral communication skills. Must be able to interface with other members of the project team including other disciplines, client, contractors and vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expertise using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Teams
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam (requirement for Professional Engineering Licensure)
- Experience relating to design and operation of an operating Nuclear Generating Stations in the U.S. Prior qualification as a Design/Modification Engineer in a utility accredited program is a significant plus.
- Experience with digital upgrades of control systems