Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Control Account Manager (CAM) – Los Alamos, New Mexico
Work Location: Los Alamos, NM
Rate: is open and non-exempt
Hours: 40-60 hrs per week (anticipate 55 hrs per week)
Per diem: Available for those who qualify
Mob / Demob: Available for those who qualify
Trip home: 1 per month
COVID Vaccine: The COVID vaccine is mandatory for all Laboratory employees, on-site contractors, and on-site subcontractors unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to those working on-site, those teleworking, and all new hires.
• Responsible to the PM for performance of scope schedule, and budget included in a Control Account (CA).
• Develop Control Account Plans (CAPs) based on the information contained in the Work Authorization Document (WAD) to reflect Work Packages (WPs) and/or Planning Packages (PPs).
• Support development of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Dictionary and ensure all scope is included in the cost/schedule baselines.
• Establish Earned Value Techniques (EVTs) and Task Level Status Method (TLSM) which reflect how the work will be measured against the plan.
• Ensure that no work is performed without authorized budget and that all baseline changes are made in accordance with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) baseline change control process.
• Ensure that cost charges and accruals are appropriate and accurate.
• Ensure that work performance is measured according to EVMS principles.
• Document variance analyses for performance metrics that exceed thresholds and take action to recover or mitigate variances.
• Develop Estimates To-Completion (ETCs) for remaining work scope.
• Responsible for oversight of subcontracted work.
• Integrate subcontracted work (baseline, status, and forecasts) into the LANL EVMS.
• Ensure the accuracy of the EVMS data for the control account and approve the WAD.
• Provide input to maintain the control system for the project to include verification of cost accuracy, schedule performance, and scope/cost impacts.
Education and Experience
Position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 5 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation. A Project Management Institute certification and formal training on EVMS processes is preferred for this level.