Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Electrical Protection & Controls Engineer III/IV – Denver, Colorado
Immediate need for a Protection and Control Engineer to work in Greenwood Village, CO. Candidate will be working with a team of Engineers and Designers on design of Protection and Control (P&C) schemes and drawings for High Voltage utility substations. Responsibilities will include preparation of the following documents relating to substation design:
- Specifications for control and protection panels
- Schematic, wiring and single line diagrams
- Physical wiring design including conduit and cable schedules
Work includes preparation of new drawings as well as modifications to existing station drawings. Candidate will work with and supervise designers in preparation of final drawings and shall also be capable of revising these documents and preparing/revising electronic drawing files using AutoCAD or Microstation software. Candidate shall be capable of leading the P&C Design effort with minimum supervision and will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
Candidate must have good oral and written communications skills necessary for working in a team environment.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 6 for EIII (10 for EIV) years of experience in electrical power engineering including 3 for EIII (5 for EIV) years of experience in wiring design for high voltage utility substations
- 3 years of experience using AutoCAD or Microstation CADD software for revisions to wiring and schematic diagrams.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or have permanent residency status. Sponsorship for Citizenship is not available.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering with power focus
- 5 years of experience using AutoCAD or Microstation CADD software for revisions to physical (dimensional) and non-physical (wiring and schematic) diagrams and preparation of new drawings
- System protection settings development, short circuit analysis, system studies, automation configuration and development
- Field experience performing walk-downs at existing substations
- Professional Engineer License
- Experience with IEC-61850 implementation in substations
We provide choices in Medical, Dental and Vision care programs. We assist employees in saving for their future by matching HSA contributions and 401k contributions. Additionally, we offer company paid Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance. We also offer a host of voluntary benefits to employees for items such as hospital indemnity insurance, AD&D, spousal and child life insurance, pet insurance identity theft protection and more! Educational Assistance and First Time Licensure incentives are also available. We support life balance by offering a competitive PTO program in addition to paid holidays. We enjoy a great wellness program with regular incentives.