Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Nuclear Instrumentation Group Engineering Supervisors – Lynchburg, TN
Duration: Long Term / Direct
Salary Range: Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested salary
Strategic orientation, Results oriented, Develop Talent, Building Networks, Customer Orientation, Leading change, Flexibility, Innovation.
- Product Design Experience
- Configuration management
- PE Experience
- Nuclear Plant Operating Experience
- Strong analytic ability, along with problem identification and resolution skills
The Engineering Supervisor provides daily front-line supervision and technical support for a team of engineers, technical specialists, aides, interns, contractors, and support staff in a specific engineering and/or technical specialty or function. The scope of work typically includes planning and scheduling work, supervising workflow, adhering to budgets, supervising the execution of engineering and/or technical processes, reviewing work progress, providing updates to management and key stakeholders, and providing input to and/or conducting staff performance appraisals. The scope of work may also include providing leadership and direction to subordinate engineering and/or technical staff, and providing advanced technical support while guiding and reviewing the work of engineering and/or technical personnel and support staff
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Builds an effective and collaborative team spirit.
- Develops team through training, mentoring, feedback, and work assignments.
- Ensures effective performance of engineering assignments.
- Plans and directs the timely execution of engineering activities, as assigned.
- Ensures projects, initiatives, and processes comply with established policies, objectives, and customer standards.
- Ensures adherence to government, organization, and customer engineering standards and procedures. Maintains a healthy technical conscience within team.
- Monitors goals, objectives, and standards of performance for assigned team members.
- Works interactively with customers and clients to develop strong relationships.
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods, and improvements. Supports Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
- Works with the Unit Manager and Sales Team to develop scope and provide inputs to proposals.
- Collaborates with all levels of leadership within the Engineering organization to function as one team.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required
Required Education and Certifications / Licenses:
- BS in Engineering / Engineering Technology + 7 years of engineering experience
An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp. (MBA/MS 1-2 yrs. or PhD 1- 3 yrs.)
PE license will be accepted in lieu of 4 yr Engineering degree.
Desired Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of related engineering and technical standards, techniques, and criteria; demonstrated leadership ability to manage multiple tasks and projects through subordinates, other work groups, and suppliers
- Interacts effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Can change priorities quickly, confront issues directly, and work well as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed and often complex technical data clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification and problem resolution skills. including the effective use of available OpEx processes, methods, and tools (e.g., 8D, A3, 5S, VSM, FMEA, DtC)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and SAP.