Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Project Engineering Manager – Fermi Nuclear Plant – Newport, Michigan
PE Required (any state)
Immediate need for a Project Engineering Manager at the Fermi Nuclear Power Plant in Newport, MI. Candidate will be working as a liaison with the client and with a team of Engineers and Designers on the support of modification packages at a nuclear plant. Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as primary Project Engineering Manager representative as a field liaison between the client and engineering group.
- Provide engineering management and guidance to subordinate staff, enforces company and project policies and serves as a liaison between Engineering and client interface.
- Plans and manages work activities to ensure successful project execution while maintaining safety, quality, schedule, and budget adherence.
- Often working under the supervision of a Project Director or above, demonstrates and provides project leadership in their area of responsibility.
- Supervises and delegates tasks among staff.
- Monitors day-today activities and consistently demonstrates the ability to proactively identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of resources and capabilities of other groups for appropriate incorporation into project organization.
- Clearly understands the scope of work and contract requirements or those requirements that pertain to his/her area of responsibility.
- Supports or conducts formal status reporting and presentations to client and/or management.
- BS Engineering Degree from an accredited university with coursework in energy conversion and power systems
- PE License in any State with ability to be licensed in other States by Comity
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
- Experience working in a nuclear plant
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access at a nuclear power plant.
- Experience working with others in a Project Team environment
Must have strong skills in the following areas:
- Written and oral communications skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in a multi-tasked environment
- MS in an Engineering discipline, with Power Focus
- Field experience / Walk-downs on power projects
- Electrical and/or Instrumentation & Controls Engineering background
- Experience preparing Engineering Design Modification Packages for Nuclear Power plants including familiarity with Nuclear Standard Design Process (IP-ENG-01)
Due to the nature of work performed, candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States. Sponsorship is not available.