Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Civil Site Engineer / Designer – Forest Park, GA (Hybrid)
Resumes will be received through 5:00 PM CST on Tuesday, February 28th
Estimated Start Date: 03/20/23
Estimated Duration of Work Assignment: 3 Years
Pay Rate: Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested rate
Major Job Responsibilities for Civil Site Engineer: The Engineer will be responsible for producing engineering drawings, specifications, and material requirements for civil sitework design projects which includes, but is not limited to, grading and drainage, erosion control, oil containment, etc. with an emphasis on safety, quality, scheduling, and costs. The individual shall have a solid understanding of reviewing and interpreting survey data required to develop a civil sitework land development design package for construction.
- Make SAFETY our number one priority using a “Safety First” mentality and leading by example.
- Prepare high quality civil sitework design packages needed for the construction of new, or for the modification of existing, substation and transmission facilities using CAD-based tools, based on Southern Company design standards.
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments associated with Civil Design.
- Interact with manufacturers, vendors, and Southern Company committee members to resolve standards and material issues.
- Provide support to GPC Constructions Services, Substation Construction, Transmission Line Construction, Project Management, Substation Maintenance, Transmission Line Maintenance, and SCS Civil Field Services.
- Perform site visits for projects, including pre-construction meetings, during construction and post-construction. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Attend and actively participate in design review meetings.
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously, setting priorities, and using effective time management and organizational skills to achieve project team goals.
Education (Civil Sitework Engineer)
– BS in Civil Engineering
– Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification required
– A Professional Engineers (PE) license in the state of Georgia is strongly preferred, or the ability to obtain such license within 12-months of hire
Considerable experience in grading design, erosion control design, hydrology and storm water design are required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detailed knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations governing civil grading design and construction as it relates to NPDES, and general construction principals.
- General knowledge of the activities associated with surveying, land acquisition, and obtaining easements.
- Detailed knowledge of civil construction methods, equipment, techniques, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to design a civil sitework land development project including site grading, stormwater design, erosion control, and permitting.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and apply design criteria and government regulations to design construction drawings.