Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Project Controls Analyst III – Hybrid – Fermi Nuclear Plant – Newport, MI
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Compensation: $100,000 annually
US Citizenship Required
To support our growing business in these areas, we are looking for a Project Controls Analyst with strong technical and interpersonal skills to work on complex and challenging projects supporting the DTE Fermi Nuclear Power Plant in Newport, MI.
**This role can be performed with a Hybrid schedule, going onsite as needed.
Preference is given to local candidates.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the development and maintenance of work breakdown structures (WBS).
- Leads baseline schedule development and maintenance effort. Validates baseline information.
- Leads the preparation of various levels of project reports to meet project needs.
- Leads project planning and scheduling review meetings.
- Leads the integration of the schedule with the Plant Outage schedule.
- Assumes a lead role in schedule updating and analysis effort.
- Ensures that project coding is effectively used for all cornerstone applications.
- Knowledge of scope control, change management and earned value methodology.
- Supports data gathering and produces an initial analysis for schedule baseline development and maintenance data gathering.
- Identifies and assist in analysis of project schedule variances and recommends associated corrective actions.
- Measures progress and reviews performance trends.
- Supports in tracking subcontractor performance.
- Supports cost analysis function through cross training.
- Gathers data for procedure development.
- Updates and produces scheduling management reports.
- Reviews purchase orders and subcontract schedule status and provides management with input on subcontract performance.
- Assumes responsibility for elements of baseline schedule and associated maintenance.
- Supports various levels of project reporting (including daily, weekly and monthly).
- Gathers Data and assists in procedure development and implementation.
- Identifies and analyzes schedule variances and recommends associated corrective actions. Presents project schedule status to the Project Manager and client.
- Reviews and approves output from schedule systems.
- Performs critical path analysis.
- Measures progress and reviews invoices of contractors and participates in approving reported progress.
- Conducts or assists in performance measurement and associated schedule trends.
- Ensures that work methods and processes are optimized.
- Logically organizes the workflow and makes judgments on durations and resources to accomplish the work.
Skills / Knowledge Required
- Possesses strong computer skills in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc), Primavera P6.
- Possesses an understanding of Critical Path Method (CPM) including logic development, progress measurement, schedule impact analysis, resource loading/leveling, schedule risk analysis, etc. as well as command of cornerstone scheduling system.
- Possesses an understanding of Earned value methodology.
- Able to review and understand engineering, procurement and construction schedule logic.
- Able to identify and investigate project schedule variances.
- Able to utilize drawings and specifications as a basis for structuring the project schedule.
- Familiar with basic cost analysis and forecasting as it relates to planning and scheduling.
- Familiar with scope control and change management and associated implications to project scheduling.
Education / Experience Requirements
- 8+ years of experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education (Required)
- Prior Nuclear Construction Experience (Highly Preferred)
- Experience with Prism or other cost management systems, PRISM G2 Experience (Preferred)
Benefits package includes choices in Medical, Dental and Vision care programs. United assists employees in saving for their future by matching HSA contributions and 401k contributions. Additionally, we offer company paid Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance. United also offers a host of voluntary benefits to employees for items such as hospital indemnity insurance, AD&D, spousal and child life insurance, pet insurance identity theft protection and more! Educational Assistance and First Time Licensure incentives are also available. United supports life balance by offering a competitive PTO program in addition to paid holidays. We also enjoy a great wellness program with regular incentives.