Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Project Controls Analyst I – Tampa, FL
Proposed Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated End Date: 10/31/2023
Short Description: Provides project control support to Electric Delivery’s Project Management group for major projects utilizing strong costing, planning, & scheduling skills, along w/ excellent communication skills between both internal TEC & outside departments.
Complete Description: Provides project control support to Electric Delivery’s Project Management group for major (specific) projects utilizing strong costing, planning, and scheduling skills, along with excellent communication skills between both internal TEC and outside departments. May be focused exclusively either on cost control or on schedule control; may alternately include both cost and schedule control depending on departmental or project requirements.
Advancement to a higher level within the progression is based on value added to the Company through increased duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments. Advancement is not automatic, i.e. not based solely on time in the job, but will be based on the employee’s performance, qualifications, and the business and/or technical needs of the department.
Works with supervision/guidance; receives specific and detailed instructions as to required tasks and results expected; performs a variety of routine tasks which should provide experience and familiarity with the Project Management staff, methods, practices, procedures and programs of the Company; usually assumes no responsibility for direction of others.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Construction Management or related field from an accredited college/university
Required: Minimum of 7-8 years of progressive work experience related to the Duties & Responsibilities and the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities section.
College education may be considered in lieu of comparable direct/related experience.
Preferred: Experience with engineering and construction project controls is preferred
Required: Cost management, scheduling, project planning and estimating skills, as well as the communication skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, the TEC Project Management team and other organizations within TECO Energy; Demonstrated ability with Excel and Access is required.
Preferred: Budget, cash flow and/or schedule development; TECO accounting and project control systems
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, revise, and maintain status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project execution from engineering, plant projects, equipment procurement and deliveries, construction contracts through startup activities.
- Track and analyze project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts. Analysis includes forecast to budget, estimate and actuals, and risk analysis.
- Assist in creating detailed project budgets from estimates and in the development of cash flow projections. Analyze and review project estimates developed by others to ensure the accuracy of the estimate and scope.
- Produce forecasts of total project costs, annual costs, and monthly cash flow costs and provides variance analysis and explanations.
- Interact with TEC procurement group in relation to cost codes, purchase order commitments, change orders and sales tax issues as required. Interact with Accounting Systems and Services, General Accounting, Regulatory Accounting, Audit, Corporate Taxes, Legal, and Risk Management to ensure all accounting and regulatory compliance guidelines are implemented.
- Assists with project-related public outreach efforts. On occasion, may be required to attend public meetings after normal work hours
- Assist in analyzing project control requirements as part of bid review process to ensure all cost control requirements are incorporated into individual contracts and purchase orders.
- Recommend and implement improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management.
- Develop, manage, revise, and update integrated detailed project schedules including all phases of project execution on multiple projects. Maintain project schedules and update as required to ensure schedule integrity.
- Assist in forecasting engineering and construction resource requirements including early identification of long lead items, resource constraints, and required project start dates.