Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Senior Systems Analyst (DE1JP00002963)
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Max Pay Rate: $51.44/hr ST, $77.16/hr OT
Start: May 8, 2023
Duration: 12 months with extension possible
Hours: one week in office, one week remote.
US Citizenship Required
Works fairly independently on the most complex projects, at the highest technical level, of all phases of applications systems analysis activities. Formulates or defines system scope and objectives, based on user needs. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, considering computer capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results. Works with multiple business units, in multi-platform environments, on multi-project assignments. Guides and advises less experienced Systems Analysts. Monitored on projects’ progress and results. Errors may cause delay, expense, and disruption.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
(Mastery of the subject matter or diversified knowledge of principles and practice in broad areas of assignments and related fields)
* able to handle the most complex work and all aspects of the job using wide knowledge of the field and mastery (advanced knowledge, skill and/or abilities that provides subject matter authority and superior command in a particular job) of the subject matter
* may provide input in setting objectives and policy, identifying critical issues and introducing new concepts
* makes decisions independently
* provides assistance, advice, and solutions to peers, customers, and co-workers
* identifies and implements better work alternatives and business processes
Top Required Skills
1) Systems Analyst skillset and experience implementing vendor software solutions – system integration, implementing systems, SQL, interface testing. Presentation skills, Software development skills, Project Management skills, Background as a consultant, Vendor software implementation, Systems integration, Process creation and improvement. See below for additional skills.
2) Business Systems Analyst experience and knowledge of BSA toolset – gathering requirements, meeting with business, documentation, writing requirements.
3) Experience working with third party vendors helping improve business processes.
4) Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Presentation skills, Software development skills, Project Management skills, Background as a consultant, Vendor software implementation, Systems integration, Process creation and improvement
Description of skills/traits for System Analyst Position:
5+ years of directly related experience; Flexibility – Demonstrated technical skills and interpersonal skills. Be able to develop system speciation and ability to interact with clients for requirements.; Independently formulate and define system scopes and objectives, through research and fact finding, to develop or modify moderately complex information systems; Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written; Guides and advises less experienced Systems Analysts; Works with an individual business unit, in a multi-platform environment, on multiple project assignments; Ability to read and understand architecture diagrams, program coding and scripts; Understanding of Oracle & SQL Server databases; Understanding of the critical nature of cyber security; Team player. Work within a team and when needed ability to work efficiently on their own.