Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
12 months initially with potential to transition to direct hire
Location: Gretna, LA
Duration: 12 months initial contract with possibility to transition to direct hire
Pay Rate Range: $30-$35/hr ST (non-exempt)
The Civil Designer for this position will be responsible for civil and structural design deliverables of concurrent projects from concept design through to the successful completion of various drawing issuances and submission of final project as-built drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate 3D models of foundation and structural steel scope deliverables utilizing CADWorx Structure 2018 or later versions
- Ability to independently create 3D models and detailed engineering drawings from concept sketches and design calculations
- Assist Engineers in reviewing shop fabrication steel drawings
- Proficient in Navisworks software for design reviews
- Site development drawings such as grading plans, drainage plans, erosional control plans, fencing plans, and site-specific permitting
- Driveway and access road details.
- Concrete detail and location plan drawings of support foundations for various piping arrangements
- Concrete detail drawings of support foundations for heavy and lightly loaded equipment including but not limited to, electrical stands, electrical buildings, rotating equipment, process equipment (separators, meter skids, etc.) and tanks.
- Structural detail and location plan drawings of equipment skids, platforms, pipe rack and cable trays
- Perform field related work to obtain design information and verify designs for tie-ins as needed
- Review of third-party vendor drawings to ensure compatibility with intended design
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the following software/programs: