Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Title: Materials Specialist
Location: Richmond, VA
Max Pay Rate: $28.28/hr ST, $42.42/hr OT (non-exempt)
Per Diem: N/A
Start: May 22, 2023
Duration: 5 months (November 19, 2023)
Hours: full-time (40 hr/week)
- Compile, maintain, analyze, and present inventory metrics for multiple inventory locations.
- Analyzes inventory methods of control, reduction, classification, and usage.
- Understand key material attributes, material specifications and drawings.
- Maintains and update Material Master data base
- Support and conduct site inventory count(s) and audits to fulfill FERC, and SOX requirements and resolve discrepancy through investigation.
- Evaluates and processes material requisitions and reservations, provides inventory management support.
- Analyzes material usage patterns for planned and stocked items, to ensure cost effective and adequate materials are available in a timely manner.
- Analyzes project surplus and obsolete materials to minimize stocking levels and maximize recovery efforts
- Assists with development and implementation of warehousing strategies and training.
- Assists in resolving supply chain issues, including planning and implementation of sourcing initiatives.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Associate Materials Specialist: 2-3 years related work experience.
Materials Specialist: 4-6 years related work experience.
- Materials Management, Analytical Inventory, Supply Chain Management
- Strong analytical skills, ability to synthesize considerable and complex data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel desired).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to meet deadlines, as well as the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and expectations.
- Ability to process information quickly and accurately, as well as excellent critical thinking skills to support quality decision making.
- Knowledge/understanding of the policies and procedures which govern the execution of work of the Supply Chain and Material Management processes and functions.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication, organization skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting and in a cross-functional environment.
Associate Materials Specialist Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor Supply Chain, Business Management, Bachelor in additional disciplines acceptable.
Materials Specialist Education Level: Bachelor Supply Chain, Business Management, Bachelor in additional disciplines acceptable.