Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Client Services Assistant – Tampa, FL
Anticipated Pay Rate: $27.00
Proposed Start Date: May 2023
Anticipated End Date: December 2023 (likely to extend)
The hiring manager would like to source for bilingual candidates X2 if possible
Due to the nature of information/material this role is onsite only.
Short Description: The Client Services Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative and supportive tasks and duties to assist customers applying for LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance).
Summary: The Client Services Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative and supportive tasks and duties to assist customers applying for LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance).
Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following:
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act in a professional and considerate manner along with the ability to honor and maintain confidentiality.
- Handles incoming/outgoing calls for services. Performs initial screening of potential clients to determine eligibility and basic needs. Schedules appointments for services when appropriate.
- Maintains confidential files; inputs reports, business correspondence, minutes, forms and other written material.
- Prepares and submits vouchers and processes invoices for payment. Verifies that all information is accurate and complete.
- Certifies and verifies applicants for compliance with program guidelines.
- Sets up an information and referral resource filing and tracking system; maintains files, records, and logs.
- Independently prepares program reports using a variety of materials from standard sources.
- Tracks grant proposals; receives telephone inquiries and calls; follows up on inquiries on behalf of the supervisor. Schedules appointments.
- Enters data in database system.
- Gathers information for MIS reports and submits completed documents to applicable sources.
- Prepares travel reports and itineraries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two years’ experience in clerical support work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and compute rate, ratio and percentages.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must have means of transportation