Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Project Accountant (Entry Level)
Positions Open: (2)
Location: (1) in Kingston, TN and (1) in Nashville, TN
Duration: This is long-term (multiple years)
Start Date: ASAP
The Project Accountant will be based out of Nashville TN / Kingston TN, assigned by and reports to the operational finance manager on all matters of an accounting nature, including day-to-day coordination and supervision. The project accountant is responsible for total project accounting, minimal account payables, and owner billings. The project accountant performs all functions in consonance with the company’s culture, ethics, and code of conduct.
- The project accountant is responsible to the accounting department to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed (both accounting and operational matters the account may observe) and that the financial reporting of costs and projections are fairly stated and accurate. Additionally, the project accountant is responsible to alert the operational finance manager if the accountant feels that cost reports, cost projections or individual transactions, are not reasonable and/or should be reviewed by others in the accounting department.
- The project accountant is responsible to the jobsite team and project manager to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed with respect to day-to-day accounting functions at the jobsite.
Company Policy/procedure compliance and job profitability:
- Coordinate with project manager and operational finance manager to set up new jobs, cost codes, contract, and subcontract accounting records.
- Assist project manager in the project close-out process including obtaining and verifying final lien releases, consent of surety, required notices to owner and final payout of subcontracts and final collection of owner contracts.
- Prepare correspondence, reports and other documentation associated with accounting and operational procedures within scope of responsibility.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Performs additional assignments/functions as assumed through personal initiative or direction operational finance manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of accounting procedures
- Team player with excellent communication abilities
- Proven ability to work independently with multiple reporting relationships