Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Engineer-Solar & Energy Storage Direct Hire
Anticipated Pay Rate: Direct Hire / Salary based on years of exp.
Proposed Start Date: 09/11/2023
Anticipated End Date:
Short Description: Salary based on years of experience.
• Development and implementation of commercial & utility scale solar facilities, battery energy storage facilities and collector station design.
• Participate in the equipment specification review; health, criticality, and risk assessments; inspection, monitoring, and testing strategies.
• Review proposed equipment for performance; safety; environmental and maintenance to ensure that they meet Solar & Energy Storage Operations requirements.
• Communicate the equipment specification review information to the Solar & Energy Storage Operations team.
• Participate in the development of utility scale Solar facilities, Battery Energy Storage facilities and collector station O&M, capital and other budgets and manage expenditures accordingly.
• Develop & manage Solar & Energy Storage construction project operational turnover standards.
• Perform multiple Solar & Energy Storage Operations walkdowns of commercial & utility scale solar facilities, battery energy storage facilities and collector station during construction.
• Research new solar, battery energy storage and collector station equipment to recommend to the Solar & Energy Storage Operations and Renewables Construction teams.
• All other duties as assigned by the Manager, Solar Operations & Engineering.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a ABET accredited college or university
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Engineering from a ABET accredited college or university and Advanced business training/or MBA.
Preferred: Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Florida. (Required at the Senior Consulting Engineer level)
Required: Minimum of 4 years of Engineer experience related to the Duties & Responsibilities of this position is required.
Preferred: 8 years of Engineer experience related to the Duties & Responsibilities of this position is required.
Required: A sound understanding of power delivery transmission, distribution or substation engineering principals, materials and their applications; Working knowledge of reliability centered maintenance practices, continuous improvement practices and power delivery systems used in electric utilities; Working knowledge of work management systems in power delivery; Ability to organize, lead and resolve technical and process problems; Good project management skills, time management skills and communication skills.
Must be able to work irregular hours, overtime and possible holidays
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to work in dusty and hot environments. Must be able to ascend and descend from ladders and stairs. Walking (sometimes on uneven surfaces), bending and driving as needed.
• Builds Strong, Collaborative Relationships
• Cultivates Innovation and Embraces Change
• Drives Operational Excellence for Customers
• Speaks Up on Safety, Health, and the Environment
• Thinks Strategically & Exercises Sound Judgment