Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Jr I&C Engineers – SMR Project – REMOTE
Work Location: Remote (w/occasional trips to the site)
Citizenship: US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Rate: Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested rate (will be non-exempt)
Hours: 40 hrs / wk
Duration: Long Term / ASAP – December 2024 (staff aug for 6 months then offer to go direct)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting preparation of drawings including, but not limited to wiring diagrams, location plans, junction box details, network block diagrams, loop diagrams, P&IDs and installation details.
- Assisting preparation of bills of materials and equipment specifications / datasheets.
- Assisting preparation of instrumentation and control systems design documents including, Control and Monitoring Functional Descriptions, Logic Functional Block Diagrams, I/O and instrument list.
- Preparing simple design calculations in accordance with established guidelines, codes and standards.
- Performing field walkdown at client site and prepare the walkdown report.
- Assisting more experienced technical personnel with specific aspects of more complex design tasks.
- Assisting preparation of procurement support documentation (Engineering Quotation Requests).
- Supporting the Discipline Lead Engineer with timely updates for engineering progress and performance.
- Supporting the timely delivery of design and procurement packages, by meeting the requirements of applicable codes, standards, regulations, procedures, project quality plan and performance criteria.
- Prepare engineering deliverables for both nuclear and conventional systems in accordance with Candu Energy Quality Assurance Programs and project requirements.
- Participate in company-wide initiatives aimed at overall continuous improvement.
- Attend site visits and technical meetings as required.
- Must be “Team” oriented with a demonstrated ability to work well with other and promote a positive work environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of basic and fundamentals of Instrumentation, controls, and electrical systems.
- Familiarity with applicable I&C design standards and codes.
- Good technical skills and problem-solving capabilities and be able to seek practical solutions to engineering problems.
- High fluency and proficiency in English communication (written and verbal).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office-related software applications, i.e., Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Adaptability to change and thrives in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- I&C or Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree from a university of recognized standing, plus a minimum of (2) two years of practical experience preferably in instrumentation and control system design.
- Design experience in the nuclear industry is an asset.
- Eligible for Security Clearance through Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC);
- Travels to client job sites may be required.