Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Structural Engineer II – Newport, MI
Start Date: ASAP
Duration of Work Assignment: Long Term
Pay Rate: Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested rate
US Citizen Required Candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States)
We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join our team at the Detroit Edison Fermi Nuclear Plant in Newport, MI. The successful candidate will be working as part of a team of engineers and designers at the Detroit Edison facility and will function as a structural engineer working on plant modification packages, engineering calculations, evaluations, and studies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with a Structural Engineer, tasks include design and modification of steel and concrete structures.
- Preparing civil/structural calculations and evaluations in support of various design activities including, but not limited to the design of small equipment supports, instrument rack design, floor load impacts to concrete structures, and equipment anchoring.
- Exercise sound engineering judgment in assessing problem situations or issues, prepare work that is accurate and in compliance with codes and design criteria.
- Interface with plant stakeholders to determine project scope/requirements, support construction/implementation and start up activities as required.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in structural design.
- The ability to obtain unescorted access to a nuclear power plant.
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to use the STAAD Pro to perform structural analysis.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
What’s in it for you:
For direct employment we provide choices in Medical, Dental and Vision care programs. We assist employees in saving for their future by matching HSA contributions and 401k contributions. Additionally, we offer company paid Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance. Also offered a host of voluntary benefits to employees for items such as hospital indemnity insurance, AD&D, spousal and child life insurance, pet insurance identity theft protection and more! Educational Assistance and First Time Licensure incentives are also available. We support life balance by offering a competitive PTO program in addition to paid holidays. We enjoy a great wellness program with regular incentives.