Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Nuclear Systems Architect
Work Location: REMOTE with as-needed trips to the KS office (Estimated ~1 week per month)
Position Details/Scope of Work: We are seeking a Nuclear System Architect to join our Innovation team to support the future development of advanced nuclear reactor control, monitoring and safety systems.
- Assist with a major new design opportunity that will focus on engineering, analysis, and documentation of both current and future nuclear reactors
- Participate as an active member of the technical design team for the advanced reactor team and partner with the System Design Engineer and customers to ensure contract requirements are met
- Develop the functional description and block diagram of the entire I&C system with all the building blocks and maps the system architecture to contract requirements
- Apply understanding of how nuclear power generating systems work, all the systems needed and the choreography of it all and apply that knowledge to provide guidance to work with customers as they develop their advanced reactors
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical degree is highly desired
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Systems Architect in a power generation environment
- Experience working on successful major nuclear system development projects is highly desirable
- Experience working within a Nuclear Quality program
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink is desirable
- BWR & IC Specialization is highly desired
- Actual technical experience and working knowledge in design, plant systems, and/or technical analysis with small modular reactors, advanced high-temperature sodium fast and molten salt reactor technologies, high-temperature gas reactors and HALEU or high-enriched research and test reactor fuel is desirable.
- Proven ability to create real and positive change, think creatively and respond rapidly to changing priorities and customer needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, competing priorities and tight deadlines simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and accuracy
Physical Requirements: Standard requirements to work in an office environment