Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
I&C Logic Design Engineer
Work Location: REMOTE with as-needed trips to the KS office (Estimated ~1 week per month)
Position Details/Scope of Work: We are seeking an I&C Logic Design Engineer to join our Innovation team to support the future development of advanced nuclear reactor control, monitoring and safety systems.
- Partner with system design team to research, design and implement I&C solutions
- Develop and implement I&C systems design hardware and logic
- Prepare I&C design products such as logic diagrams and system code
- Prepare I&C design documentation such as requirements and design specifications
- Prepare and execute I&C test specifications
- Design digital signal processing systems with FPGAs
- Troubleshooting I&C systems hardware and logic.
- Analyzing the costs and risks of system development activities
- Ensuring systems are reliable, efficient, and compatible
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical degree is highly desired
- Minimum of 3 years of experience designing I&C systems and/or FPGA development.
- Experience working on successful major system development projects is highly desirable.
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink is required.
- Experience with FPGA development and VHDL or Verilog is required.
- Experience with Xilinx, Microsemi, and/or Altera FPGAs is desirable.
- Proven ability to create real and positive change, think creatively and respond rapidly to changing priorities and customer needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, competing priorities and tight deadlines simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and accuracy
- Must be willing to travel as needed
Physical Requirements: Standard requirements to work in an office environment