Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Anticipated Pay Rate: 25.00
Proposed Start Date: November 2023
Pay Rate must be $25hr
AutoCad Drafter 3 years of transmission line drafting experience OR 4 years of distribution drafting experience OR 4 years of civil roads and bridges drafting experience
Must have: Technical Drawing experience, blue prints exp. AutoCAD software experience, Formal training (college) Prefer Powerline experience, or Designing Roads experience.
Mechanical Experience is not an option.
Works under the supervision and guidance of a discipline engineer or a Designer Drafter Senior on routine assignments; follows established policies and procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with developing drawings and construction contract document packages. Complete work packages may include new drawings, calculations, revised drawings, engineering sketches, bills of material, vendor drawings, purchase requisitions, etc. Uses AutoCAD software to create and revise design drawings. 30%
- With supervision, develops designs for projects initiated by ED Transmission Engineering staff. 20%
- Obtains “as-built” information from the field to incorporate into the final file drawings. Researches existing document databases to obtain existing drawings.10%
- Uses available means and methods to obtain information to complete designs including field measurements, photography, existing drawings, vendor information, engineer interviews, codes and standards, etc., to complete the designs efficiently. 10%
- Under supervision, provides drawing interpretation during the procurement, construction, and as built phases of the project. 10%
- Continually improves design competency through formal and informal training in CAD as well as the engineering discipline(s) practiced. 10%
- Performs other tasks as directed by supervisor or management including storm preparations and response functions. 10%
Direct Supervision: No direct supervision of TEC or TECO employees.
Key Internal: Directly responsible to the Manager Transmission Engineering, for the completion of all assignments and for performing all the functions previously listed. Has frequent contact with peers and supervisor/manager for the exchange of information on assigned projects.
Key External: May have contact with A/E’s and consulting engineering firms, and vendors. May get work requests from outside the department with TECO.
Required: H. S. Diploma or equivalent, and formal drafting courses.
Preferred: An Associate Degree in drafting technology
Required: A minimum of three (3) years of related work experience.
College degree as described above may be considered in lieu of equivalent experience
Familiar with most engineering disciplines, which will aid in projects encountered in electrical, civil, mechanical, architectural, and graphic design, etc. Knowledge of construction methods and field experience.
Knowledge of CADD, drawing numbering systems, filing systems, and reproduction equipment.
Travel from home office to the entire Tampa Electric service territory is expected and could be frequent.
Working outdoors in hot, humid, wet and/or cold conditions 5% to 10% of the workday.
Working conditions could include areas of elevated noise (hearing protection required).
Working some overtime (nights, weekends, and holidays).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ REQUIREMENTS
Walking, bending, climbing 10% to 20% of the workday.
Sitting at a desk / computer workstation up to 80% of the workday.
This position can require climbing stairs and scaffolding, utilizing safety harnesses, respiratory protection and other PPE required by the work environment and in accordance with OSHA requirements.
Ability to stand and walk for extended period.
Working in noise, dust and high humidity areas while utilizing Personnel Protection Equipment.