Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Project Controls Analyst II- Tampa, FL.
Start: Immediately / ASAP
Salary Range: $85K – $105K + Company Benefits
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has direct responsibility to report and forecast the cost of projects for the department’s Big Bend Dismantlement and Fuel Resiliency projects. This position develops cash flows for these major projects and works directly with project team members to support the overall project cost initiatives to insure these large major multiyear projects overall forecasts are within the current year approved Corporate (10K) plan.
- Manage the development and maintenance of cost and planning/scheduling control systems and procedures for these projects.
- Provide detailed analysis of financial information, recommend, and implement strategies to achieve project goals and objectives. Keep the department Directors and Managers, ES financial team and station management informed on the cost and schedule status of assigned projects. Perform other tasks assigned by the department supervisory personnel.
- Prepare reports, recommendations, financial models, and studies of the specific projects for senior management review and approval. Provide training for department team members with project control tools to effectively manage cost and schedule components of individual projects. Manage the accounting accrual process to ensure ES locations have the correct information to support the overall ES forecast and cost tracking process for the business plan year.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate procedures are in place and observed to maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Ensure that adequate project controls procedures are in place to satisfy audit, accounting, and regulatory requirements. Manage on time property records documentation and ensure reporting is consistent with company Plant Accounting requirements for major capital projects.
- Ensure that proper resource loading and Critical Path Method Scheduling methods are used and make recommendations for schedule improvement and corrective actions. Develop and update project schedules and perform risk analysis throughout the duration of major projects.
- Maintain the PowerPlant System for all Funding Projects. Monitor and adjust in-service and estimated completion dates for all Funding Projects and Work Orders. Ensure projects are ready for accounting completion within 90 days of going in-service. Includes verifying that all work orders are in a completed status and all payroll, invoices, and material discrepancies have been finalized.
Direct Supervision: It is not anticipated that this position will have direct supervision responsibilities.
Indirect Supervision: Provides indirect supervision to project controls personnel from consulting engineering firms and construction contractors.
Key Internal: Frequent contact with Vice-President, directors, managers, supervisors, planners, engineering, major contract and budgeting groups, in addition to many other Tampa Electric groups which include, but are not limited to, interactions with general accounting, treasury, information services and regulatory. Occasional contact with company executives.
Key External: Frequent contact with Engineering and Construction contractors, government agencies, and auditors.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college/university
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Building Construction, Contract Management or associated discipline.
Required: Minimum of 3 years as a Senior Project Controls Analyst, or a minimum 12 years work related experience in the following areas: Planning and Scheduling (CPM), Contract Administration, Cost Control, Cash Flow Forecasting, Project Budgeting. Interfacing contracts with Accounting and Budgeting systems.
Required: Senior level knowledge of project controls concepts and systems. Demonstrated capability in managing complex programs, departmental and project budgets and forecasts. Must be strong communicator and facilitator within company departments and support groups in the cost accounting area. Handle multiple duties and responsibilities and be accountable for those actions. Understand the working details of the company’s accounting, work management and procurement systems, Engineering and Construction cost and schedule control systems, corporate accounting and regulatory requirements and departmental interfaces for projects of all sizes.
A solid understanding of the PowerPlant Accounting System, project control systems, SAP, WorkPRO, WorkMAN, and other similar systems, as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability with Access is required.
Handle multiple duties and responsibilities and be accountable for those actions. Overtime work may be required. Travel out of town may be required but limited.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to work in power plant locations.
JOB RELATED LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
• Safety Health & the Environment
• Develops People and Teams
• Builds Strong Collaborative Relationships
• Cultivates and Embraces Change
• Drives Operational Excellence for Customers *