Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Project Engineering Manager – New Mexico
Work Location: Onsite – Full Time
Duration: 11 months +
Rate: is open and non-exempt
Hours: Full time / 40 hours (onsite)
Per diem: $157.00/day (7 days per week)
Mob / Demob: GSA Expenses
Trip Home: 1 paid trip home per month
US Citizenship Required
Summary of Responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to ensure engineering resource and capability assigned to deliver capital projects are technically fit for purpose and meet the statutory requirements. Its remit stretches from project engineering and design strategies, through supplier selection and evaluation, to direct delivery of engineering/design scope for selected projects. The Project Engineering Manager combines solid generalist understanding of a wide range of engineering disciplines ensuring the management of multiple engineering disciplines which shall deliver integrated design solutions of high complexity and value This role has multiple stakeholders, internal and external customers, as it is interfacing directly through the Group Consequentially the ability and availability to travel to and work in several locations is required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree from a four year accredited University in a relevant Engineering discipline. A professional l qualification such as PE, and a Project Management qualification such as APM, PMI.
- 10 years full design project lifecycle experience, 5 years management of a multi-discipline team, and 3 years of management of multi-cultural teams.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year accredited University in a relevant engineering discipline.
- 12 years of full design project lifecycle experience, 7 years of management of a multi-discipline team, and 5 years of management of multi-cultural teams.
- Work Location: Eunice, NM/Hybrid
- Work Schedule: Professional work schedule/ with minimal night/ weekend support. Some nights and weekend work may be required. Employees are also subject to call-outs as needed
- Travel Required: 10% of the time or less as required
- Security Clearance Requirement: CAA Access and an L or Q level security clearance
- Emergency Response Requirements: Emergency Response Organization (ERO) duty will be required; including being on-call (24/7) during your designated team duty week.
- Work Environment: Radiological exposure expectations of < 100 mrem/yr. General Office, Plant Production Areas. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets etc.
- Responsible for the protection of confidential and proprietary information received during employment, including keeping information in strict confidence, exercising a reasonable degree of care to prevent disclosure to others, not disclosing or divulging either directly or indirectly information to others, and not using the information commercially or for any other purpose other than the performance of their duties for the Client. Confidential information includes information and data of any kind concerning any matters affecting or relating to Client’s business or operations, including compensation, investigations, financial controls, etc.
- The projects are larger than normal for the Client and will attract a lot of attention from senior management. In addition, developing good working relationships with the site, regulators, contractors and critical vendors will be essential
- The role forms part of Group Projects, Project Engineering team. The Project Engineering Manager plans and directs all design and technical resources working on specific projects which are categorized as highly complex or of significant value
- Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of complex designs. Oversees product construction and testing in order to ensure completion of projects as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Develop and implement engineering/design strategies, suitable to deliver against Group projects objectives for assigned projects
- Ensures design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications and legislation
- Report on project technical scope performance against the baseline plan and stated benefits of the project
- Provide technical direction to supply chain for the negotiation of the purchase of any goods and/ or services
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Construction Manager to ensure that all engineering works meet the quality and HSE requirements of the contract
- Ensures that design and construction reviews, are carried out in accordance with Client’s and customer procedures
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Construction Manager to ensure adequate resources, in terms of quality and quantity are available to ensure efficient and timely execution of construction activities in line with the schedule
- Works within the time schedules, man-hour budgets, project policies, and specifications established for the project or contract
- Ensure that the technical team and any 3rd party technical contractors adhere to the overall project quality plan provided by the project manager throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure that all identified contractors are suitably pre-qualified/ assured for the delivery of the project
- Ensure that the technical team and any 3rd party technical contractors are suitably qualified and experienced for the delivery of engineering/design solutions to meet project safety, cost, schedule and business benefits objectives
- Identify the technical deliverables, based on the scope agreed by the Project Manager, and use these as a designated task basis to assist in the provision the project estimates and project execution plan
- Provide the technical support to the project manager to ensure that the project will deliver the required benefits and is fit for purpose
- Ensure that all technical scope change is agreed with the project manager prior to implementation through the life of the project
- Work with the project planner to agree technical team resource requirements and milestones and to monitor progress against them
- Provide technical support to the cost estimator to allow the generation of estimates at project commencement and for any potential scope change or role
- Ability to analyze project requirements and critical success factors and translate these into bespoke Engineering/Design Strategies
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing cost predictability
- Engineering/Design strategies that minimize the likelihood of claims from Contractors
- Experience of and be skilled in managing ambiguity and being confident to take accountability for creating a governance model, resource plan and deliver plan to meet the project requirements
- Experience of managing complex contractual relationships including the provision of free-issue materials, technology or IP and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing suppliers to deliver within this context
- Demonstrable ability to convey the strategy and build a team accountable for delivery of the project
- Solid knowledge of leading project management techniques
- Skilled in leading project teams on implementing the Engineering/Design strategy and deliver against appropriate objectives with minimal supervision
- Proven track record in managing contract delivery, protecting the owner’s contractual position at all times and preventing the likelihood of claims
- Setting standards for documentation management, knowledge management and administration which ensures suppliers meet their contractual obligations, and Client’s interests are fully protected throughout the contract lifecycle
- Principal Designer Representative experience (or equivalent at applicable location)
- Knowledge and implementation in designs of nuclear safety and environmental permit requirements
- Conversant in business English
- Conversant in business language specific to role location