Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Mechanical Equipment Coordinator /Supervisor – Near Durham, NC
Pay Rate: Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested rate
Duration: 24 -28 months
Hours: 5x10s to start
Per Diem: Conus / GSA
Mob/Demob: $500 each
Trips Home: monthly trip home allowed and reimbursed
Position Details/Scope of Work:
- Contract position for a Mechanical Construction Coordinator to oversee projects involving the safe installation of mechanical systems and equipment installation, ensuring compliance with established designs and procedures.
- Review and prepare mechanical installation procedures and other modification documents.
- Lead procedure walk-throughs and pre-job briefings to ensure objectives are met
- Coordinate detailed planning activities to ensure required procedures, JHAs, parts, special tools, M&TE are met.
- Ensure construction and equipment installation start as scheduled.
- Prepare and observe installation of modifications to ensure JHA and safety rules are being followed.
- Ensure installation is on schedule and in accordance with procedures, drawings and specifications.
- Identifies and takes or prompts timely action to correct adverse safety, quality and performance observations.
- Initiate and coordinate needed procedure and drawing changes to keep work progressing.
- Directs post-modification inspections and tests.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with supervising and directing mechanical installations and modifications in construction, operations, or maintenance outages at commercial nuclear power plants, Energy research laboratories, or other highly regulated work environment.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with supervising and directing mechanical installations and modifications in construction, operations, or maintenance outages at commercial nuclear power plants, Energy research laboratories, or other highly regulated work environment
- Ability to successfully supervise large crews (20+)