Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
BWR Fuels Engineer (GNF safety and design) – Upper US East Coast
Project: This will support transition from 18 to 24 month fuels cycle.
Location: REMOTE w/ extremely occasional trips to East Coast (US) Commercial Nuclear Plants
Pay Rate: Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested rate
Duration: Initially One Year w/ annual extensions expected (could last 4-6 years)
Per Diem: $147.00 (GSA Lodging)
Mob / Demob: $500 each
Familiarity with any of the following:
- Responsible for the performing nuclear fuel bundle and core design, reload licensing, cycle management, core monitoring databank preparation, and associated technical support for Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) plants operating with GNF fuel.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, analytics, technical consultation, and licensing stewardship of engineering computer codes, correlations, and methodologies related to Boiling Water Reactors (BWRs) and advanced/fast reactors.
- Also responsible for support with emergent questions in the areas of reactor neutronics/thermal-hydraulics, heat transfer, two-phase flow, and instrumentation physics, and contributes to the nuclear and thermal-hydraulic design of new fuel products with this knowledge and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
- BS engineering required.
- PE preferred.
- Experience with BWR core simulator and use of 3-Dimensional neutron kinetics codes
- Experience performing technical evaluations and providing technical support in the areas of nuclear fuel bundle and core design, reload licensing, cycle management, and core monitoring databanks.