Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Estimator – Richland, WA (Local Candidates Preferred)
Work Location: On-site – Richland, WA (Fermi Building)
Rate: Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested rate
Hours: 40 (4-10s)
The required qualifications are as follows:
Central Plateau Cleanup Company is a prime contractor with DOE, supporting the cleanup efforts at Hanford Site in Richland, WA. Contractor’s resource(s) shall provide project management and technical support services for estimate development of current and future scope of work with DOE-RL. This scope primarily supports the mission of the estimating group objectives during peak times of resource need. The intent is to utilize the same Contractor resource(s), to the extent possible, at these times of heavy resource demand.
The Contractor shall provide estimating resource(s) to produce accurate and timely information to Buyer’s management team that will enable them to develop Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) compliant proposals and high-quality detailed internal estimates. Contractor’s work supports the mission of the Project Integration team of our Business Services organization supporting Project Services, Outer Area End States (OAES), Inner Area End States (IAES), Waste Projects & Operations (WP&O), Soil & Groundwater Operations (S&GO) and Regulatory Strategy & Integration (RS&I) objectives. Contractor’s deliverables shall reflect the true cost of the project scope.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field. Buyer accepts equivalency of two (2) years’ experience for one (1) year of education.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ estimating experience.
- Experience working with Sage® software
- Experience in estimating for the Hanford Site
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) compliant proposals
The Contractor’s resource(s) shall utilize broad-based knowledge, which includes (but is not limited to) estimating, project management, and project control principles, in the development of high-quality procedure-compliant estimates. The work scope for this activity includes the resource(s), material and/or equipment necessary to support and accomplish the following Buyer activities:
1. Support the development of project estimates for consistency with project management principles, project plans, and milestones. This shall include using Sage® estimating software to prepare estimates in support of CPCCo objectives.
2. Support estimate and prime contract change proposal development by coordinating document preparation and finalization with Control Account Managers (CAMs) and Subject Matter Experts.
3. Provide support to prepare, review, and improve Buyer basis of estimate (BOE) for work scope.
4. Evaluate project risks, identify vulnerabilities, and coordinate with CAMs and risk group to include applicable costs in the estimate.
5. Perform Peer Reviews and identify and document potential issues.
6. Participate in team meetings/working sessions and review/edit estimate/cost information. This work may include:
- Assisting in the development of estimates
- Assisting in the preparation of BOE documents
- Assisting in the creation of FAR-compliant certified cost and pricing data backup
- Detailed Cost Estimates – The Contractor shall contact the Buyer-designated contact to understand the project scope. Contractor shall develop the estimate in the Buyer’s Sage® estimating software, which will be integrated into Primavera Project Management (P6) and Deltek Cobra™ for time phasing and pricing.
- Basis of Estimate (BOE) Updates – Contractor shall review all sections of the BOE to verify the estimate, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Dictionary, and BOE are in alignment. The technical approach, assumptions, and exclusions sections, as well as the WBS Dictionary, are typically written by the project team but Contractor shall provide input during the estimate development process. The basis section is to be completed by the Contractor for all items in the detailed estimate. The combined estimate criteria section shall be filled out by the Contractor with input from project team to ensure correct estimate classification.
- Certified Cost and Pricing Data (CCPD) Backup – Contractor shall create backup files for items in the detailed estimate as required by procedure. Guidance will be provided to Contractor on acceptable references, content format, and process.
- Peer Reviews – Contractor shall perform a peer review of others’ work using the Estimating Peer Review Checklist. Training on the process and use of the checklist will be provided.
- Signature Page – Contractor shall coordinate signatures on the Estimate Approval Signature Page document. Training on the process and use of the document will be provided.