Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
– New Orleans, LA
The Accounting Specialist role will provide financial, administrative and clerical support to the Accounting Department. Responsible for handling the company’s bills as well as other duties such as receiving, opening and logging invoices, bank reconciliation, accounts payable invoicing, data entry and expense report handling.
In order to be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Dynamics. A good understanding of payments, the accounting process and budgeting is required. Day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Process check requests and expense reports on a regular basis.
- Audit and verify expense reports.
- Accurately review, code and process vendor invoices
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Handling payments in an organized and timely manner
- Cutting checks in Dynamics as needed
- Create ACH payment and generate pay report with bank.
- Ensure accuracy of invoices
- Monitor payment status of all completed jobs
- Contact clients with delinquent accounts and/or to ensure they have received their invoice and communicate payment terms, as needed.
- Payroll support as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting Finance
- Minimum of two years of applied knowledge of accounting techniques and procedures sufficient to make difficult and responsible analyses and accounting determinations to adjust accounting records, reconcile accounts and process various accounting transactions.
- Experience in an office environment processing transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent analytical skills, communication skills, and excellent mathematical skills for quickly verifying the accuracy of reported data.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Pivot Tables and Microsoft Dynamics (required)
- Skilled in the use of office equipment, including but not limited to ten-key calculator, copy machine, fax machine.
- Preferred knowledge of processing payments and adjustments
- Ability to plan and organize work in order to meet rigorous deadlines.
- Strong social aptitude and ability to build relationships.
- Strong data entry skills
- Professional demeanor at all times
- Takes action to meet goals and objectives.
- Meets others’ needs in a timely manner and with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.