Estimated Start Date
Estimated Duration of Work
Title: Cost Analyst III
Location: California Edison Mountain View Generating Facility
Rate: $55-65/hr Non-Exempt
Start/End Date: January 2024 – June
Duration: 6 months
Schedule: 40-60 hours per week
Notes: MINIMUM EXPERIENCE 7 YEARS.
USA CITIZENSHIP OR USA PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the development and maintenance of work breakdown structures (WBS) regarding cost and schedule development and control.
- Leads the preparation of various levels of project reports to meet project needs.
- Leads project cost review meetings.
- Leads in cost updating and analysis.
- Ensures that project coding is effectively used for all cornerstone applications.
- Proficient in scope control, change management and earned value methodology, commitments, and forecasting costs and manhours.
- Capable of managing large amounts of data, proficient Excel skills.
- Knowledgeable in KPI’s and construction metrics and trends.
- Identifies and assist in analysis of cost variances and recommends associated corrective actions.
- Measures progress and reviews performance trends.
- Supports in tracking subcontractor performance.
- Supports change management process.
- Updates and produces cost management reports.
- Reviews purchase orders and subcontractors’ status and provides management with input on subcontract performance.
- Supports various levels of project reporting (including daily, weekly, and monthly).
- Identifies and analyzes cost variances and recommends associated corrective actions.
- Reviews and approves output from cost systems.
- Performs Cost Analysis and Forecasting.
- Measures progress and reviews invoices of contractors and participates in approving reported progress.
- Conducts or assists in performance measurement and associated trends.
Skills / Knowledge Required
- Possesses strong computer skills in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Possesses an understanding of Earned Value, Cost Forecasting, and Reporting.
- Able to identify and investigate project cost variances.
- Familiar with basic planning and scheduling as it relates to cost forecasting.
- Familiar with scope control and change management.
- Strong data management and organization skills
Education / Experience Requirements
- +5 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Experience with Primavera P6 preferred
- Experience with Prism or other cost management systems preferred
- Construction field experience is required.