BCP was founded in 1981 and since that time, has provided needed consulting, engineering, planning support, and project management services to the electric utility industry and related capital-intensive industries. This longevity and experience provides BCP a deep understanding of utility client needs, operations, and a unique ability to work with your team with supplemental engineers, planners, project managers, technical staff, and consultants to generate, distribute, and manage energy in an evolving future.
BCP is experienced in all aspects of Power Generation and has supported projects in nuclear, fossil and renewable generation. BCP’s expertise and focus is on Filling the Gap between design and operations to deliver better, safer, and more reliable power. We accomplish this by providing trusted leadership for developing and implementing technical solutions in bringing the right people, processes, and technologies at the right time.
BCP provides engineering, project management, and technical expertise and services to meet power generation plant needs. Our areas of focus include:
- Engineering services: Third Party Reviews, Programs, and Systems & Field Engineering
- Consulting Services: New Plant Startup and Operational Readiness, Operating Plant & Performance Improvement, Life Extensions, and Decommissioning & Repurposing
- Project & Risk Management Services: Project Controls, Work Management, and Outage Management
- Specialty services: Plant Services, Tax Services, Cyber Security, Technology, Containment ISI, and Procedures Upgrades.
- Staff Augmentation
Power Delivery (Transmission and Distribution)
BCP supports U.S. and International transmission and substation projects in a number of areas that include substation design and construction, security center operations, and staff augmentation.
Some of our projects include:
- Substation Construction Management and Commissioning
- VFT Tie Facility Construction Management and Commissioning
- Smart Grid Substation Upgrades
- Cyber Security
- Project Management and Controls
BCP has a firm understanding of major distribution projects in particular the issues surrounding battery technology, micro-grids, smart grid, and grid modernization. We understand that the requirements for distribution projects are smaller and include a “right-sized” project management approach, project bundling, and construction oversight.
BCP also supports Power Delivery with staff augmentation and can meet all of your needs that includes project managers, implementation leads, safety specialist, schedulers, line engineers, designers for AutoCAD, GIS, right-of-way agents, environmental engineers, and engineering technologists, to name a few.
In addition to supporting Fortune 500 companies, BCP’s Tax Service’s division supports small and medium sized businesses in obtaining R&E benefits and Cost Segregation. If you’re a company that invests in attempting to design, develop, or improve products, processes, techniques, formulas, inventions, software, and more; you may be eligible for this benefit.